Monday this week saw the final proofs for my 3D VR modelling to 3D printing workflow demonstrated.
It’s still got all of the support infrastructure attached, which is designed to snap off.
Tuesday, I explored some other VR appliations, Kingspray Graffiti is an astounding example of a great app, with a brilliant tutorial. I also made some updates to the model, and cued up a new print…
Wednesday, I went in to the makerspace to check up on my finished print. Everything looked OK, though I waited a few days before taking off any of the support structures:
There’s a little roughness around the glasses, where we’re getting into the limits of the printer’s capabilities, and I lost a tip of the collar, but it’s a pretty solid proof of the process. I may cast it into a clear resin block to protect it.
In addition to picking the work up, I also spent a while chatting to a retireee couple who were looking at the makerspace in my capacity as Artist In Residence. I showed them a bunch of VR stuff, and talked about the possibilities, especially for things like rehab and aged-care.
Wednesday night, I edited a video of working in Kodon:
Thursday was a down day, spent on admin, plus a walk by the river, where I met a very friendly duck. Friday, back in to the makerspace to keep looking around at Kodon. Saturday, I dropped in again, primarily to test a couple of things I couldn’t get to work correctly. I joined Steam, and put a couple of messages on their forums, which seem to be the app’s primary support channel, so we’ll see if that gets us anywhere.